Roger from Tamar Bicycle User Group would like help supporting Launceston City Council’s continued rollout of the urban bicycle network.
We need to send letters/emails to Launceston City Council about the remaining bike network lanes, in particular Mulgrave Street…
- Mulgrave is critical because it acts as a link to Charles Street bike lanes (Mowbray hill acts as a link to other lanes too but we’ll put that to one side)
- Bike lanes on Mulgrave will fit well into the streetscape and won’t affect parking
- Bike lanes will make cycling safer in Mulgrave street by helping to calm the vehicle traffic flow
- Bike lanes will make cycling safer in Mulgrave street by clearly delineating the traffic lanes
- Lanes may also help pedestrian crossing of street
- Cost effective solution for improving the safety people riding bikes
You can see more about the plans at http://yourvoiceyourlaunceston.com.au/bikenetwork, but this council forum is closed to comment now.
PLEASE send an email to council ASAP (it can be a short one). Address it “Dear Mayor and Aldermen” at firstname.lastname@example.org